Located just a few blocks from Piazza Bellini, the Academy of Fine Arts is housed in an 18th century convent, the convent of San Giovanni delle Monache. Redesigned by architect Enrico Alvino in a Neo-Renaissance style, the academy was moved there in 1864. The Galleria dell’Accademia delle Belle Arti, the Gallery of the Academy houses a collection dating from the 17th to 20th centuries.
Latest posts by Bonnie Alberts (see all)
- Pedalling is Easy – Even Uphill - October 1, 2014
- Unite the Two Bays: Landmark Agreements to be signed between Napoli and San Francisco During Mayor de Magistris Visit to the Bay Area - October 25, 2013
- The Art School - May 16, 2013
- From Vesuvio to Silicon Valley and Back: Unite the Two Bays - May 8, 2013
- A Walk in the Park - April 29, 2013