Located just a few blocks from Piazza Bellini, the Academy of Fine Arts is housed in an 18th century convent, the convent of San Giovanni delle Monache. Redesigned by architect Enrico Alvino in a Neo-Renaissance style, the academy was moved there in 1864. The Galleria dell’Accademia delle Belle Arti, the Gallery of the Academy houses a collection dating from the 17th to 20th centuries.
Latest posts by Bonnie Alberts (see all)
- Unfired Clay Pots Found at Pompeii - November 7, 2014
- Possible Disruptions at Vesuvian Sites - November 5, 2014
- Villa of Poppea – Confirmation of the Villa Overlooking the Sea - October 30, 2014
- Pedalling is Easy – Even Uphill - October 1, 2014
- Unite the Two Bays: Landmark Agreements to be signed between Napoli and San Francisco During Mayor de Magistris Visit to the Bay Area - October 25, 2013