Welcome back everyone! I’m here with suggestions for another fun filled weekend. 🙂
- Friday 29th August – Villa Rufolo – Memories of a slave – Live music by Baba Sissoko. Loosely taken from Spedizione al Baobab by Wilma Stockenstrom.
- Saturday 30th August – Belvedere di Villa Rufolo – Philharmonic Orchestra of the Republic of Armenia – music by Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov and Khačaturian.
- Sunday 31st August – Piazza San Giovanni del Toro – Il Festival tra la gente – Music by Mozart, Piazzolla and Pionieri.
- Until 3rd September – ‘GHIRBA by Antonio Ievolella‘ – a sculpture exhibition at the Chiesa di Santa Maria dell’Incoronata.
- Until 7th September – XV Festival del Cinema all’Aperto – Open air cinema in Italian – Friday 29th August – ‘A proposito di Davis (Inside Llewyn Davis)’, Saturday 30th August – ‘Philomena’ and Sunday 31st August – ‘Il capitale umano’.
If you’re going to the Novecento a Napoli museum this weekend, then why not take part in ‘Advise me an interpretation…….of the Novecento a Napoli museum‘. The aim is to engage the audience and involve them by getting them to approach the museum’s works by interpreting them in their own way, and they can post a poem, a quote, an image, a link to a piece of music, a video or a photograph on the Facebook page, which represent a subjective point of view. The project runs until 13th February 2015.
At the MADRE museum, until 22nd September, there is an exhibition of Francis Alÿs’s ‘REEL-UNREEL’ (Afghan Projects, 2010-14). The exhibition premieres all the works produced by Alÿs in Afghanistan, from 2010 to 2014, set in relation to some of the artist’s most famous previous works.
Don’t forget about L’Estate è Oltre – Island of Passions at the Mostra d’Oltremare. There are lots of wonderful events happening, so why not make the most of the wonderful summer weather and try a massage with Tibetan bells, Free Books in Motion, and much more. The events are running until 30th September 2014.
Starting on Tuesday 2nd September, and running until 7th September, Napoli Pizza Village returns to the Lungomare. Your chance to try pizzas from 45 of the most renowned Neapolitan pizzerias, take part in workshops and enjoy the final of the World Pizza Maker Championship.
This Friday, 29th August, is the last chance to benefit from ‘Friday night at the museum‘. The historical apartments of the Reggia di Caserta (Royal Palace of Caserta), Capodimonte Museum, San Martino Charterhouse and Museum and Castel Sant’Elmo are all open specially until 22.00.
Of course there are more events currently on around Naples, details of which you can find on our events pages.
Have a super dooper weekend. 🙂