Never fear, Holly’s here! I’ve got lots of lovely suggestions for things to do this weekend.
- Thursday 21st August – Belvedere di Villa Ruffalo – Kronos Quartet – Music by Wagner, Piazzolla, Mingus, Volans, Valderrama, Debaté, Aminikia.
- Friday 22nd August – Belvedere di Villa Ruffalo – Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo
- Saturday 23rd August – Belvedere di Villa Ruffalo – In Due – Fabrizio Bosso – Peppe Vessicchio – With Julian Oliver Mazzariello – Sesto Armonico Ensemble
- Sunday 24th August – Belvedere di Villa Ruffalo – Oscar and the lady in pink – from the book by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt.
- Until 26th August – ‘The power and strength between reality and the symbol – Exhibition of Rosario Mazzella‘ – an art exhibition being held at the Maschio Angioino (Castel Nuovo).
- Until 3rd September – ‘GHIRBA by Antonio Ievolella‘ – a sculpture exhibition at the Chiesa di Santa Maria dell’Incoronata.
- Until 7th September – XV Festival del Cinema all’Aperto – Open air cinema in Italian – Thursday 21st August – ‘Molière in Bicicletta’, Friday 22nd August – ‘Gigolò per caso (Fading Gigolo)’, Saturday 23rd August – ‘L’ultima Ruota del Carro’ and Sunday 24th August – ‘Sole a Catinelle’.
- 22nd to 24th August – Event in Italian – Spettacolo itinerante “Canti cunti e tammorre” da Lo Cunto de Li Cunti con Danilo Rovani e Cosimo Alberti. Appuntamento in piazza del Gesù. Prenotazione obbligatoria. Tel. 3404778572 / 3451513951 / www.medeart.it.
On Friday 22nd August, there’s a special event – ‘Friday at the ruins: Evening guided tours of the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum‘. It will be possible to follow a guided tour, specially created by the Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Pompei, Ercolano e Stabia, to illustrate the life and death in the two main Vesuvian archeological sites. Visits are only available by booking – calling 081 8575347 between 10.00 and 15.00.
On Sunday 24th August, discover ‘Herculaneum, Buried Stories‘. 3D projections of the eruption of Vesuvius, tours accompanied by an archaeologist, and theatrical performances, for an unprecedented nighttime viewing of the excavations of Herculaneum. Tour at 21.30 in English.
This Friday, 22nd August, and next Friday, 29th August, there are the last two chances to benefit from ‘Friday night at the museum‘. The historical apartments of the Reggia di Caserta (Royal Palace of Caserta), Capodimonte Museum, San Martino Charterhouse and Museum and Castel Sant’Elmo are all open specially until 22.00.
Of course there are more events currently on around Naples, details of which you can find on our events pages.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy. 🙂