Inaugurated in May 2015, the new Circumvesuviana train, the Campania Express will run from 20 March 2016 to 15 October 2016 this year and will transport holidaymakers from Naples to Sorrento in around 50 minutes. Departing from Naples Porta Nolana station, the Campania Express stops only at Naples Piazza Garibaldi station and Campania’s major archaeological sites of Herculaneum (Ercolano-Scavi station) and Pompeii (Pompei-Villa dei Misteri station) before arriving in Sorrento.
There are now 4 trains running in each direction daily between Naples and Sorrento and 2 additional trains running between Sorrento and Pompeii.
On board there is a welcome video, films and photos to promote the cultural excellencies, the beauties of the area and the gastronomic delicacies. There are also multilingual help services planned for tourists.
The fare schedule is also more flexible this year with a variety of one-way and roundtrip options.
- Napoli Sorrento € 15,00/€ 8,00
- Napoli Ercolano € 7,00/€ 4,00
- Napoli Villa Misteri € 11,00/€ 6,00
- Sorrento Villa Misteri € 7,00/€ 4,0
- Sorrento Ercolano € 11,00/€ 6,00
- Ercolano Villa Misteri € 7,00/€ 4,00
Tickets can be purchased at:
- Napoli Porta Nolana
- Napoli Garibaldi
- Ercolano – EAV Ticket Office
- Pompei Villa Misteri – EAV Ticket Office
- Sorrento – Biglietteria – EAV Ticket Office
Tickets can also be booked online here.
For more information, click here.