Located just a few blocks from Piazza Bellini, the Academy of Fine Arts is housed in an 18th century convent, the convent of San Giovanni delle Monache. Redesigned by architect Enrico Alvino in a Neo-Renaissance style, the academy was moved there in 1864. The Galleria dell’Accademia delle Belle Arti, the Gallery of the Academy houses a collection dating from the 17th to 20th centuries.